Skip to main content

Dining Dollars FAQ

Important Information Regarding Early Termination of Housing Contract and Dining Dollar Usage

In unique circumstances, such as:

  • withdrawal
  • academic disqualification
  • cancelled enrollment due to non-payment
  • Housing contract delinquency
  • participation in a Study Abroad program

Students may need to terminate their Housing contract. Prior to cancellation, it is important that you understand the Dining Dollar proration policy and your financial responsibility for over-usage.

You may contact Triton Card Account Services at any time to check the status of your Dining Dollar Account and to discuss the financial impact of contract termination.


  • Student A is paying for her Housing/Dining contract on a quarterly basis. However, by the end of Fall quarter she is not doing well in her studies and may need to withdraw from the University. Even though she has only paid for one quarter of her Housing contract so far, she has spent approximately two quarters worth of funds. When she withdrawals, she will still owe the University for that second quarter’s worth of Dining Dollars.
  • Student B paid for his entire Housing contract before he moved in. After Winter quarter he decides he’s going to study abroad. He only used two quarter’s worth of Dining Dollars (and therefore had no dining over usage). His housing charge and Dining Dollars will be prorated based on his contract release date. Since he already paid for the entire year, he will be refunded the amount he paid in excess of the proration.

I Lost my Campus ID Card

Keeping your Campus Card safe is your responsibility. If it is lost or stolen, contact the Triton Card Account Services immediately at 858.534.7587 or go to the Transact eAccounts Portal to report it missing. Your account will be frozen to prevent unauthorized use. IMPORTANT: You may be liable for purchases made before your account is frozen, so please act quickly. Telephone notification must be confirmed promptly by the account holder in person or in writing.

With a valid photo ID (like a driver's license), Triton Card Account Services will issue you a temporary card for a week to access your Dining Plan and Triton Cash. If your Campus Card is still missing, you'll need to purchase a new one at the SBS (Student Billing Services) Office.

Can My Friend Purchase a Meal For Me With My Dining Dollars?

You are the only person authorized to use your Dining Plan or Triton Cash Account. Your college Residential Life Office may discipline you for using another person's account.

In the event you are ill and / or injured and unable to go into a restaurant to get food, please contact We can assist you with your request.

Food Safety Incident Form

If you feel you have had a food related incident in one of our facilities, please let us know by filling out this form.

Terms and Conditions I Agree to by Using the Dining Plan

All customers are expected to display proper, decent behavior in Dining Services facilities. Food throwing, hitting, biting, scratching, indecent exposure, excessive or loud vulgarity, etc. is absolutely unacceptable. The individual Dining Services restaurant or the College may discipline you for such actions.